Thread Play – Quilting Textures for Art Quilts
Saturday October 22nd, 10:00AM – 4:00PM
Seams Sew Easy Quilt Shop’s event center, 2326 Mack Road
You’ve finished the top of your art quilt. Now what? In this workshop you will explore stitching possibilities, free-motion techniques and fills, various resources, specialty threads, and create a sampler of those stitches and techniques.
* The Painted Pansy workshop is not a prerequisite for this class.
By Nora MacFarlane
Required kit ($15) includes:
● Quilt sandwich ready for free-motion practice
● Reference list of threads, possible uses and descriptions, and appropriate needle sizes
● Sample booklet of stitches (Reference for sampler)
● Resources for further exploration
● Sewing Machine with straight stitch plate—feed dogs need to drop
● Sewing machine manual—just in case…
● Machine needles
● Spools of thread. This is a good time to use up those wild colors and odds-and-ends!
● Fabric Marking Pen such as Mark-B-Gone (JoAnn Fabrics)
● Small snips/scissors
● Thread pick (optional)
● Quilting Grip Gloves for free-motion quilting (My favorite is Marcia Baraldi. Best grip!)
Coloring books at Kroger or Target
This 6-hour workshop is $50.00 for members. Non-members will be required to pay an additional $10.00 non-member fee. Kit fee $15 payable to Nora at class.